We’ve developed our WHSE Management System to assist our staff and sub-contractors to identify and control hazards in the worksite, ensuring every employee returns home safe and well at the end of each working day.
The following safety policies are integral to our WHSE Management System:
- Workplace Health and Safety Management Policy
- Rehabilitation Management Policy
- Environmental Policy
Each employee and subcontractor is inducted according to our safety policies and procedures prior to commencing work with us. When at work, Walan personnel and contractors are required to keep their Safety Induction Handook, Emergency Plan, Field Environmental Instructions and Safe Work Method Statements with them at all times.
We strive to reduce our impact on the environment, and maintain a register of our environmental aspects and impacts. We have also developed a Hazardous Substance register, which is maintained regularly by our WHSE co-ordinator.
Where Walan is appointed principal contractor, a site management plan is developed which complies with AS/NZS 4801 standards prior to commencing work on that site. Our personnel and contractors are inducted into Site Specific Induction Training, which outlines the following:
- WHS Hazards Register
- Environmental Aspects and Impacts Register
- Relevant Safe Work Method Statements/Procedures
- Hazardous Substance Register
- Current Material Safety Data Sheets
- Site Specific Job Safety Analysis
- Any approvals, permits or similar documents
- Any other documentation considered relevant by Walan
Walan investigates and records all incidents, LTI’s (lost time for injuries) and working days lost. The primary index used to measure our performance is the WHSE Performance Report, which regularly maintained by our WHSE Coordinator and distributed to our customers on a monthly basis.